Hi, I’m Alison Ball Kilmer, better known to my friends in Encino as Ali in the Valley. Ali in the Valley is a lifestyle blog that showcases how to truly enjoy our homes and be the best hostess or host possible…all on a budget!
My personal goal is for every guest at my home to always have an amazing experience. From the drinks, food, music and ambiance, I want my friends feeling like they are being taken on a mini vacation away from the everyday drama by walking into an enchanted home. My home is no different from anyone else’s, I’ve just learned how to make it feel like an oasis. I want my guests to walk away craving the next invite to my house for another experience of yummy food and drinks.
Let me show you how to get started so you, too, can achieve this simple task of living a fun-filled entertaining lifestyle. With the economy they way it is, I feel if we just put a little bit more effort into our own home and personal surroundings, we can really enjoy what we have…and save a little money, too. Hey, you never know – you might discover you enjoy cooking in more than going out!
Fun facts about Ali:
- I grew up in Los Angeles and now live in Encino, California – better know as the San Fernando Valley outside of L.A.
- I married my soul mate, Tyson Kilmer and we are blessed with two amazing kids (Tyler and Aliyah) all of which test my patience daily.
- I graduated from UC Berkeley with a B.A. in Psychology and a minor in Business – both come in handy.
- I’ve worked in the entertainment business for over 20 years. VP @ Warner Brothers, Senior Director @ RCA, Director & Manager @ EMI and Secretary @ Sony. All my jobs started from the bottom before I moved to the top. I have held positions @ A&R as a music supervisor for films & TV, produced numerous TV shows and films and have managed a variety of talented artists. I still dabble a bit in all formats.
- I am a graduate of Epicurean school – of which I attended for the “fun of it.”
Besides my family – Some of my true loves:
- Music: I love discovering new and emerging artists and listening to music while I cook and create.
- Food: Obviously — but all aspects of it…tasting it, cooking it, understanding it, styling it and most importantly enjoying it.
- Restaurants: All kinds from the upscale to dives.
- Wine and Cocktails: What type really depends on my mood.
- Entertaining: All the time.
- Exercise: Fast ballet, bootcamp, Pilates, yoga. I do it all at least 4 to 5 times a week to keep my endorphins on point. I’m always looking for the next burn. I have to exercise to burn off all the good food and wine I try.
- Social Sports: Bowling, tennis, roller skating, Ping-Pong and Xbox 360 Kinect.
- Social Media: All of it. Facebook, Twitter, flicker, You Tube, Google + and the list goes on.
- Apple: And I don’t mean the fruit! I love everything Apple including my Mac Book, iPhone, iPad, iPod and Apple TV. I’m hooked!
- Experiencing: New things I discover everyday and I love to blog about them.